Thornybush Game Lodge offers a range of innovative and exciting activities for family groups on their South Africa safari holiday.
Imagine tracking African wildlife through the bush on a dawn or dusk game drive in an open Land Rover. Alternatively explore the surrounding nature on foot.
The Thornybush Game Reserve is home to South Africa's Big Five, namely Buffalo, Rhino, Elephant, Lion and Leopard. Return to Thornybush Game Lodge after an exciting game drive and relax with a soothing spa treatment at the Amani Spa. Sip on your favourite cocktail while relaxing at the refreshing pool.
Children on Safari at Thornybush
The Lodge prides itself on actively welcoming children of all ages. Children have a special programme prepared for them prior to their arrival that includes:
- Children are allocated to rangers who enjoy interaction with children
- The children will receive complimentary children's pack on arrival
- Rat Packs (cool drinks/cookies) are sent with them on game drives
- Drives and activities can be tailored to suit the children’s interests and attention span
- Walks are designed to ensure that safety is taken into account and allows children to experience activities they are not used to in the city
- Meal requirements and venues are provided if required by parents
- Baby sitters/child minders are available
Activities at Thornybush Game Lodge
- Amani Spa
- Game Drives
- Game Walks
- Panorama Routes
- White water rafting on the Blyde River or Olifants Gorge
- Nyani Cultural Village
- Hans Merensky Golf Course
- Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre
- Cheetah Breeding Project
- Hot air balloon flights
Booking Thornybush Game Lodge