4 Day Deluxe Thornybush Family Safari
This family safari package offers a 3 night/4 day stay in the heart of the wild, at Thornybush Game Lodge, adjacent to the Kruger National Park. This short getaway benefits from direct air transfers and avoids long drives with the constant “Are we there yet?” question from the children.
- Adjacent to the Kruger National Park
- Interactive children's programme
- Big Five sightings
- Private plunge pool and viewing deck
Family Holiday Safari Experience
Offering an escape for the family, as well as individual activities for children and their parents, the lodge succeeds in fulfilling all travellers' desires. Indulge in the tranquil ambience that the wild creates as your children enjoy the freedom of the wild under expert staff supervision. The babysitting options and the specially-designed children's programme create the perfect setting for a family safari.
Wildlife in the Thornybush Game Reserve includes the famous Big Five - lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhino. Game drives take safari-goers straight into the bush for unfiltered encounters with these, and an abundance of other species. A family suite, adorned with a private viewing deck and plunge pool, is the epitome of unity as it creates an oasis in the vast wilderness. Quality time can be spent with your loved ones, away from the other guests, making Thornybush Game Lodge feel like your home away from home.
Children on Safari in Thornybush
Avoiding long, exhausting roads, this safari option delivers you and your family to the lodge via an air transfer. Children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old are not permitted on the game drives, however, babysitting facilities are available at an additional cost. The lodge also has a programme of activities for children staying at the lodge.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Thornybush Game ReserveView Lodge
Day 2 & 3: Thornybush Game Reserve View Lodge
Day 4: Thornybush Game Reserve - JohannesburgOn the final day of your family getaway, you can enjoy a final breakfast before preparing to be transferred in a light aircraft to OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg to meet your onward travel arrangements.
- 3 nights' accommodation at selected lodge as detailed in your itinerary
- Light aircraft air transfer from Johannesburg to Airstrip
- Road transfers to and from your lodges and airstrip
- All meals while travelling including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Sundowner drinks while on game drive
- Bushveld Walks
- Dawn and dusk Safaris in open land Rovers with qualified and experienced guide and trackers
- Kids Program including kids activities
- Conservation Fees
- Optional activities not listed above
- Travel insurance
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions